Avenue Facade Residency
Local Artists in Residence program goals:
- Support and invest in individuals at the cutting edge of their fields, whose work will impact the cultural landscape at large.
- To encourage artists to explore their ideas and work within the context of public art in Rhode Island and creatively challenge themselves
- Create a platform for local artists’ voices in our working community
- Actively engage the community around TAC
Avenue Facade Residency Overview
-Period of 1 month between May-August.
-Artist receives a one time stipend of $750
-Access to Montana spray paint at discounted prices during the period of the residency.
-Paint the street facing facade of TAC after submitting sketches and concept for approval at least 10 days in advance.
-Materials (within reason) will be supplied. The completed mural will remain for a period of at least 10 months.
-Artist hosts an event at the Avenue Concept (ie, Paintjam, workshop, exhibition, talk, etc).
-Cross promotion between the artist, TAC and the Paintbar on social media.
-TAC will document the residency and process with photos and possibly video and release these through various channels. The content will also be available to the artist.
-TAC will supply an area for the artist to work and creatively challenge themselves.
Requirements to apply:
- Artist must be at least 18 years old
- Artist must be located within 1.5 hours of Providence
- Submit a rendering of the mural at least 10 days before commencing the mural
- Complete the mural within 7 days within the residency period
- Submit a CV/Resume
- Submit a brief biography and artist statement
- Supply 5-10 hi-res images of individual previous work with a focus on outdoor work. Jpeg or pdf acceptable
Email all requirements with the program you are applying for in subject to: email@example.com
Deadline: March 8, 2020