Paint Bar Residency
Local Artists in Residence program goals:
- Support and invest in individuals at the cutting edge of their fields, whose work will impact the cultural landscape at large.
- To encourage artists to explore their ideas and work within the context of public art in Rhode Island and creatively challenge themselves
- Create a platform for local artists’ voices in our working community
- Actively engage the community around TAC
Paintbar Residency Overview
-Period of 2 months between May-August.
-Artist receives a monthly stipend of $500 or store credit (artists choice).
-Access to Montana Gold spray paint at discounted prices during the period of the residency.
-A $200 materials budget per month for projects directly related to TAC.
-Artist must actively engage 5 hours a week at TAC (workshops, painting, outreach, mentoring, etc).
-Paint the street facing facade of TAC after submitting sketches and concept.
-Materials will be supplied. The completed mural will remain for a period of at least 10 months.
-Cross promotion between the artist, TAC and the Painter on social media.
-TAC will document the residency and process with photos and video and release these through various channels. The content will also be available to the artist.
-TAC will supply an area for the artist to work and creatively challenge themselves.
Requirements to apply:
- Artist must be at least 18 years old
- Artist must be located within 1.5 hours of Providence
- Able to commit to at least 5 hours per week for a 2 month period
- Submit a CV/Resume
- Submit a brief biography and artist statement
- Supply 5-10 hi-res images of individual previous work with a focus on outdoor work. Jpeg or pdf acceptable
Email all requirements with the program you are applying for in subject to: email@example.com
Deadline: March 22, 2019