Ruins Front Side Residency
Local Artists in Residence program goals:
- Support and invest in individuals at the cutting edge of their fields, whose work will impact the cultural landscape at large.
- To encourage artists to explore their ideas and work within the context of public art in Rhode Island and creatively challenge themselves
- Create a platform for local artists’ voices in our working community
- Actively engage the community around TAC
Ruins Frontside Residency Overview:
-Period of 1 month between May-September.
-Artist(s) receives a single stipend of $750.
-Access to Montana Gold spray paint at discounted prices during the residency.
-Paint the facade of the Ruins after submitting sketches and concept and being approved.
-Surface to be painted: 5 panels measuring roughly 7’10”x12’ each
-Materials will be supplied by TAC.
-The completed mural will remain for a period of at least 10 months and should be completed within 2 weeks.
-Cross promotion between the artist and TAC on social media.
-TAC will document the residency and process with photos and video and release these through various channels. The content will also be available to the artist.
-Artist will create an event hosted at or with TAC (artist talk, workshop, exhibition, print release, etc).
-TAC will supply an area for the artist to work and creatively challenge themselves.
Requirements to apply:
- Artist must be at least 18 years old
- Artist must be located within 1.5 hours of Providence
- Able to commit to at least 1 week of solid work on site completing the mural
- Submit a CV/Resume
- Submit a brief biography and artist statement
- Supply 5-10 hi-res images of individual previous work with a focus on outdoor work. Jpeg or pdf acceptable
- Submit a proposal for the final mural including a sketch/rendering and description
Email all requirements with the program you are applying for in subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 22, 2019