Weybosset Facade Lot-side Open call
Local Artists in Residence program goals:
- Showcase local RI and regional artists prominently in the city of Providence.
- Support and invest in individuals at the cutting edge of their fields, whose work will impact the cultural landscape at large.
- To encourage artists to explore their ideas and work within the context of public art in Rhode Island and creatively challenge themselves
- Create a platform for local artists’ voices in our working community
- Actively engage the community around TAC
Weybosset Facade Lot-side Residency Overview
-Complete a mural on the lot-side of 35 Weybosset St., Old Providence National Bank Facade
-Surface to be painted: 5 panels measuring roughly 7’x8’ each
-The completed mural will remain for a period of at least 10 months and should be completed within 7-10 days.
-Artist(s) receives a single stipend of $900.
-Materials (of value up to $400) will be supplied by TAC.
-Access to Montana Gold spray paint at discounted prices during the residency.
-Sketches and concepts will be reviewed and approved by TAC.
-Conception and installation will take place over the period of 1 month between June-September.
-Cross promotion between the artist and TAC on social media.
-TAC will document the residency and process with photos and possibly video and release these through various channels. The content will also be available to the artist.
-TAC will supply an area for the artist to work and creatively challenge themselves.
-BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+, and Women identifying artists are strongly encouraged to apply.
Requirements to apply:
- Artist must be at least 18 years old
- Artist must be located within 1.5 hours of Providence
- Able to commit to at least 1 week of continuous work on site completing the mural
- Submit a brief biography and artist statement
- Supply 5-10 hi-res images of individual previous work with a focus on outdoor work. Jpeg or pdf is acceptable
- Submit a proposal for the final mural including a sketch/rendering and description
Fill out the application form HERE
Deadline: March 17, 2024 Midnight