We've got more murals coming your way all summer long
It doesn’t ever really feel like summer has started until the Fourth of July – and then it seems like the rest of it flies by in a blur. Already this summer we’ve installed new sculptures from Joe Chirchirillo and Matthias Neumann, swapped out the previous sculptures at Tiny Bar for some new ones, put up a new mural in a brand new location on Hope Street, completed the third installment of the mural residency at Avenue HQ, and had a whole bunch of artists paint a whole bunch of utility boxes around Providence and Warren. And that was all by Fourth of July!
But wait, as the famous infomercial pitchman used to say, there’s more. Now is when public art season gets into full swing. We’ve got new murals coming your way in July, August and September that will be as hot as the days are. Here’s a preview of what’s to come:
- Happening now: Greg Was Here mural at Blount Fine Foods in Warren
- July 10: Forrest Curl, Kobe Jackson & Rene Gomez painting utility boxes in Biltmore Park
- July 17: Brian Kenny mural at Open Door Health
- August 1: Announcement of new artist for Arnold Building mural rotation
- August 9: Mike DeAngelo mural at US Rubber Lofts
- August 14: Sixth annual Weybosset Facade Mural Residency with Kendel Joseph & Heather Annis
- August 15: Last day to see “Adventure Time” by Natalia Rak at the Arnold Building!
- September 7: New mural begins at Arnold Building (rear)
All dates listed are start dates. All dates are weather dependent and subject to change.
Get your air conditioners ready for all this heat we’re bringing. It’s gonna be a hot summer, y’all.