Our 3D Residents are prepping recycled materials for a public art installation – and they could use some extra hands
Celebrate National Volunteer Week (April 7-13) by volunteering at The Avenue Concept to help prepare recycled materials for our first public art installation of 2019.
Our 3D Residents, Bonnie Combs and Jen Long, have collected more than 30 cubic yards of assorted, colored plastic jugs (including laundry detergent and shampoo bottles) that need to be sorted and cleaned. Other materials needing prep include bicycle inner tubes and fishing net.
Join us for some good, clean fun helping Operation #recyCLEAN prepare to build a new sculpture by artist Steven Siegel.
What to expect:
- Prepare to be working both indoors and outdoors and possibly getting a little wet. Wear water-repellent clothes and boots.
- As a team, you’ll sort through the many bags of collected plastics, grouping them by color and rinsing them out.
- The bicycle inner tubes need to be cut.
- The fishing nets need to be rinsed and folded.
- Duration: Depending on your availability, we can schedule the project to be 3-4 hours, or a full day.
- In addition, you’ll learn a lot about public art and your handiwork will become a piece of the final installation.
To schedule a volunteer work day, please contact Brian Dowling at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-490-0929.